Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Take on Rates...May 2011

A Window of Opportunity Has Opened!

You may have heard that home loan rates improved, reaching some of the best levels so far in 2011. I don't have a crystal ball but I keep expecting the rates to go to 6% — due to inflation from all the government spending but bad economic events keep happening. The problems in the middle east (Egypt, Libya), the tsunami that hit Japan and the resulting potential for nuclear disaster, the spike in Oil prices, even finding and executing Bin Laden — all unexpected yet having their rate lowering effect.

The slowing in our economy is one of the main reasons rates have improved recently, but it's important to note that the last time rates hit this level, they jumped significantly higher from here. What's more, signs of inflation are beginning to creep into our economy, and that never bodes well for home loan rates. That's why you may want to review your situation. Even without a trusty crystal ball, I do think the low rate party is just about over. So if you are considering a move or a refinance, I'd jump on the low interest rate boat while it's still at the dock!!

That said, the real estate market will continue on...people will always sell and buy homes as their needs change, and I will continue to learn and enjoy my career. So this isn't about "panic" or trying to get anyone to make poor decisions. Just an update on how rates work, and that they will affect our real estate market. I'll keep you updated on the market and rates. Anyone that wants to review what your home is worth or what their wish list for a new home would cost in the location they want, can contact me anytime. I'm always happy to help you review your situation and determine if the time is right for you to make a move. Doesn't matter to me if are ready now or if you need a more time to prepare for your change.

If you think your rates are high enough that a refinance would benefit you, just call David Dikeman at Insight Bank, I've worked with him for years and he has always done his best for my clients and helped them make solid decisions....it will only take a minute – give David a quick call so he can look at your situation. Doesn't cost anything to check it out, and the choice of moving forward will be up to you. Don't miss this window of opportunity to save significantly on your monthly budget.
--David Dikeman,Insight Bank, 614-807-3891 Direct
614-330-7999 Cell

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment