Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Want to keep you home mortgage interest deduction for your taxes? You should be able to choose your own real estate agent!

Take it from Me: The Mortgage 
Interest Deduction (MID) is vital 
to both home ownership and 
our economy!

Congress needs to hear from you. Tell your 
representatives to LEAVE THE Mortgage Interest 
Deduction ALONE!Right now is the right time to urge Congress to 
preserve, protect and defend the mortgage interest 
deduction (MID) before they whittle down MID at 
the expense of other more expedient budget cuts. 
Consider the consequences if homeowners and buyers 
lose the time-honored and cherished MID deduction. 
This tax deduction built the dream of homeownership 
in America. The bottom line is you may well lose personally, 
and not just on the value of your home, but our 
Nation's economy will be affected by this change as well.

Your action today is urgent. Please send your email 
letter asking your U.S. Representative to cosponsor 
H.Res25, a bipartisan House resolution that affirms 
the value and importance of the Mortgage 
Interest Deduction.

We must speak loudly and clearly with one voice to 
ensure the further recovery of our economy and the 
housing market and educate every legislator about 
how much the MID matters.  
So please, take action to Preserve, Protect and Defend 
the MID.  No economic recovery is possible without a 
vibrant housing market.

Here is a link to an  inverview with Ronald Phipps, the 
President of the NAR, please click this link to watch the 
video (it takes a minute to load and start playing):

Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime with any questions. 
Thank you for your help.


Value your home? Value your CHOICE? 

I want you to know that when you work with me, I will provide 
the service you need, and the service you want! As a realtor, a 
licensed real estate sales agent in the state of Ohio, I must be 
aligned with a real estate brokerage (in my case Coldwell 
Banker King Thompson and am very happy with this brokerage), 
but I am an independent contractor. My partners and I run our 
own business, create our own standards for service and quality 
above what CBKT recommends. Technically, all contracts of 
mine belong to the brokerage, not to me or Team Benadum, 
and for the most part this works out fine.  However, I spend 
my time, my efforts, and my own dollars to build my own 
business, and I take responsibility for my clients needs and my 
fiduciary responsibility to them—that I am personally sworn to the 
State of Ohio licensing to uphold. I take my consulting business 
very seriously and if I don't know something I FIND the 
ANSWER—AND get the job done. I find it appalling that some 
brokerages will not let you out of a listing or buying contract if 
you are not happy with your selected realtor/sales agent. Instead, 
they offer other realtors within their brokerage to fulfill the 
contract.  I guarantee if you are not happy working with my 
team, we simply terminate the listing. We provide you with 
the paperwork to terminate and remove your home from the 
market. Then you can select from any of the licensed realtors 
(some are awesome, some are not so good, this is the unfortunate 
truth in any industry) in the area...one that you CHOOSE. I know 
most of my clients work with Team Benadum because they trust
 they'll receive the best possible help. If you don't agree, you 
don't have to continue working with us. We are proud to say 
that we've terminated very few contracts over the past 10 years 
(yes one client of mine decided against a relocation so we 
removed the home from the market....with another job opportunity 
the relocation dept convinced her to go with another agent, but 
she wasn't happy and found she couldn't get rid of the brokerage 
she wasn't happy with--she wound up letting the listing expire, 
having her price too high prevented a sale and she was rid of 
the agent and borkerage). So, if you aren't happy, your best 
strategy may be to remove you home from the market and 
then find an agent that you are compatible with and can successfully 
work with to achieve your goal of selling and/or buying a home. 

Don't ever hesitate to call me with any real estate questions...
I'm always available to help.

I find that we get many referrals from our wonderful clients. 
 work hard and for the people that want us to work for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment